Doubtfulguest, I wonder if we are raising twins separated at birth. I came here to post this brag and read yours and now I feel like a copycat but I am still going to share this.
Dd, almost 4, has been wanting to fly for some time now and has been trying many tricks like jumping higher and higher on the couch, attaching Halloween costume wings, tying a towel cape around her neck ( in essence, all scarily dangerous feats) in the hopes that she can take off. Today, she said that she wished to be fairy so she can fly all around the world. I told her she can be a human and still fly. She was in deep thought for a few minutes and said," mom, I have an idea. We need a box with two wings tied to it. Then, we need a belt attached to the box. You can tie the belt around me. The box will be on my back. I will flap the wings with my arms and I will be able to fly." I asked her why she needed the box. "For support." I asked "support for what? "Mom, I need a box that is stronger than gravity. Gravity is trying to pull me down. I need support to pull me up." Impressed I said," good thinking" to which she replied," I have good intelligence!" Lol:)