Originally Posted by aeh
Lovely to hear your updates on her! Are you planning to have her take the SAT or ACT through one of the talent searches?
Thanks, aeh! You’re such a star on these boards. I’m just now looking into it and finding it overwhelming. DD already scored really well on the SCAT a few years ago and qualified for CTY (yet to use.) I think I would like her to take the ACT or SAT in 6th grade.

I gave her the reading portion of the SAT practice test and she missed the exact same number of questions. 8/40 missed on ACT and 8/52 SAT. So maybe a little better on SAT. But I did notice she was quicker on the ACT. She had to think more on the SAT. I’m a little shocked! The reading passages seem so boring and the questions tricky! I feel like I wouldn’t do much better. It is making me feel less worried about her getting nothing at her level. Doesn’t seem to matter.

I haven’t really looked at the other sections of the tests yet. I should see how she does on those. I don’t want it to be a negative experience so I’m still apprehensive.