Since this is just a total proud brag moment for me, I feel like I can share this in this thread.

Went to DD9's first 4th grade Parent Teacher Conference (public school, no G&T offerings) and her teacher just could not say enough nice things about her. Her 4th grade teacher is truly amazing. Unlike all other teachers in her past (who were great, but just not above and beyond) she is willing to differentiate between the kids learning abilities and offer more challenging work when necessary, which has made DD's school year very exciting for her.

Not only is she able and willing to do this for her (without me even asking, I gave up asking two years ago) she acknowledged DD's intelligence, which no one has ever been willing to do. It felt AMAZING just to hear an educator validate what I experience every day.

She told me to hang in there with DD this year, she will challenge her, I should continue to enrich DD and next year they will give her placement tests for accelerated course work in Math and Science.

Feeling relieved, happy, and proud today!