So DS had his first day of Target (ALP pullout) yesterday. Interestingly enough, the only kids in his Target class were kids in his regular classroom. He said "almost all" of the kids in his class went... I'm guessing about half - 3/4s from what he was saying... I at first thought, hmmm, maybe they have more than one Target class for 2nd grade, but in reality there are only about 10-20 kids in Target in each grade level at most schools. So, then I thought how cool that he is in a regular classroom with these kids, so his regular 2nd grade teacher can really challenge them as opposed to do the normal curriculum.

So things might be just great!!!

Oh, and I'm actually really impressed with the school. I had my doubts because it's not a top rated school in the county, BUT he has to bring home an agenda and behavior chart each day that needs to be signed by me (the latter is already helping him behave during class - whereas last year, he wouldn't see the good days on paper, just the bad ones), and he also brings home a weekly status report, which is a portion of his report card (they are matrix report cards), and I have to sign. He got all S's (Successful) and was so proud of himself!

So now I'm back to happy with the school and excited about his opportunities!