This past weekend was our dance recital for DD (3 1/2). She has been in ballet and tap for the past 2 years but this was to be her first real recital on a stage, with lights and production. I've been a little nervous about it, especially since she invited all the grandparents and in the past she was literally deer caught in headlights. Boy what a difference a year makes. Saturday was dress rehearsal and the only day we, the parents, were allowed to record. She was great; did all of the routine. The next day was the actual recital and she fell asleep in the car right before we got there so I was concerned that she wasn't going to do as well. She did wonderfully and though she was technically better the day before; we really saw her personality on that stage. She was super excited for the jump and almost jumped at the wrong time but realized her mistake and transitioned back into the routine with no problems, but you could see the excitement building on her face and when it was finally time to jump she was beaming from ear to ear. I couldn't be prouder of her.