Originally Posted by rachibaby
ds wants a new calculator for christmas and a telescope! I think that this was brought on by the fact that his teacher sent a number chart home and he cried. He said he felt insulted because she obviously thought he was stupid.

anyway at least a calculator is a cheap gift!

And hours (well...) of endless fun (What happens if I do THIS to the number 100?" Error?? What??)!

Can I indulge in a brag that happened almost 3 years ago? It's a story I'd love to tell more often but usually don't.

Once upon a time when DD was 18 months old, she woke up in the middle of the night in a very good mood. It was around 4 or 5 am. I lifted her out of her crib sat her in the middle of the bed, and she started singing. She had a small repetoire of songs by then, and she could hit the notes.

She has this "second voice" that she uses when she sings or talks to her stuffed animals. The pitch is higher than her normal deep voice. It can be very endearing.

Anyway, there she was, singing "Twinka, twinka, litta STAH..." to no one in particular and showing no signs of going back to sleep anytime soon.

DH and I formed a circle around her so she couldn't tumble off the bed, and we just lay there listening to her as she went through her songs. When she finished, she smiled and said "Nigh nigh, Mommy" or something like that and I put her back to bed and everyone went back to sleep.

It was the middle of the night. It was so wonderful. She was just so darling.

Val