Ooh! Ooh! I've got two!! smile

First, DS(9) was accepted into a wind ensemble... he plays flute, and while generally the group is teenaged, he's keeping up pretty darn well! But the braggy part is that since he was basically thrown in the proverbial deep end in joining this group, he has drastically improved his playing in general. It's only been two weeks, but he's suddenly remarkably good at sight reading, and the music he's playing for his regular lessons is suddenly easy. Now on the other hand, there are a few pieces in the wind ensemble repertoire that are giving him grief, but they're SO much harder than what he's been playing (I mean, like Flight of the Bumblebee for Pete's sake!), it's like his whole range just shot up. He's also gotten much more diligent about practicing. Either the peer pressure or the jump in difficulty.. but whatever it is, he's rising to the challenge! Yay!

And my second brag... He just wrote his first completely independent program! I game him the assignment of writing a program on the TI-84 to simulate random dice-rolling. He had to ask what number of rolls you want, hold the answer in a variable and then use that variable in two functions that output that many random numbers between 1 and 6 into two lists (like two dice rolled over and over, together), and then use a third list to hold their sum. And he did it! Woohoo!! Tomorrow we're going to see if there's any way to get it to report the number of sevens in the whole set of sums... but I need to figure out how to do that myself first... wink

Erica