Well I don't usually have much to brag about (at least I didn't think I did) but two things happened recently that were things I can't really tell my friends with NT kids… 1) we went to an exhibit of pterosaurs, and he knew all the names and was stumping not only the docents but also the employees at the museum who knew something about pterosaurs…they just didn't know what to do with him. He was using all the latin names, and pretty much talking about that subject like a college student 2) he's not a math kid, he's a science kid, but I've told him that he needs to really know his math to do well in science. His grades in math have been pretty good, he tested advanced but wasn't getting 100% on his tests for his grade. His school offered a class for kids who wanted to do advanced math in 5th grade, but it was an hour before school started and DS would rather sleep in than do extra school so he didn't do it. I knew he was a little bit advanced in math because he'd completed his grade (5th) and bits and pieces of 6th, 7th and 8th grade on Khan Academy, but he didn't finish any of the other grades, he just jumped around. So he has to take a math placement test for middle school. You either end up in standard math track, accelerated math track or highly accelerated math track (5 years of math in 3 years). I thought he would end up in regular accelerated. Color me surprised when he qualified for the highly accelerated math track… BTW I explained to him that the highly accelerated track goes pretty fast, and that it was more important to really know the math, so if he felt like they were going too fast it was better for the big picture for him to really know the math than to stay in the HA math track. But we would see how it went, and cross that bridge if we came to it.