I guess this is the place to put this. We so rarely have any brags.

Received an email from one of DS's teachers today. It brought happy tears to my eyes. It was only a few sentences but it was about how much DS has matured since freshman year. It was the teacher who DS went on a trip with at the beginning of summer. He had him for a class freshman year & this past year. Teacher assured me that he was planning on writing a college letter for DS. (I wasn't asking.) Still not sure if he will need one.. (list looks mostly to be state schools) but we will have to find an excuse. It feels so good to have a teacher in his corner.

Plus seems that despite the screw up with his accommodations on administering the PSAT he will make commended for National Merit (won't find out till fall officially), although will miss our states anticipated cutoff for semi-finalist. (He'd never make finalist.) He got a great score on the main part of SAT. Essay grade nothing to write home about but I have no idea what the score means anyway. SAT scores are good enough there is no point in having him take them again. (Better than his PSAT predicted.) And he barely studied but did get extra time.

Plus 5's on both his AP's.

Last edited by bluemagic; 07/13/16 10:17 PM.