Hi
This is my first post. My grandson 2yr 4 months never ceases to amaze me. He is totally engrossed with the alphabet and spends hours making words and writing sentences on his big magnetic board to his parents. Two months ago, he knew the whole chicka chicka boom boom book by heart and understood what was on each page as his eyes followed the sentences and he turned all the pages accordingly. He is now counting to 100. Is he gifted? I think so.
His father, my son, graduated high school with honours at age 12 with all his final high school exams in physics, chemistry, history, English etc, high SAT and also first year university calculus with an A. Entered university at 13 in math and computer science. Now is a technical director age 29 and a great people person. Radical acceleration worked wonders with him. I was a single parent throughout with a demanding job.
I really would like my grandson to have a "normal" experience in school for 12 years but can see the challenges ahead for his parents. I live in Canada.