Here's another story that can only be a "brag" among people who have dealt with gifted perfectionists who have a history of meltdowns over simple setbacks:

DD7 went to a birthday party at the roller rink. She stumbled. She fell. She got back up and kept at it. She noticed everyone else was falling, too, and she adjusted her personal expectations accordingly. I skated alongside her for the first little while, and supported her whenever I noticed she was falling. Eventually, she shooed me away. When she was done, even though she was sore, she declared she wanted to come back the next day. We decided to give her a few days to heal up first, but DW and I mentally high-fived over DD's resilience.

Also, last night we worked together on her homework, where she had to locate several objects in the house that were standard 3D shapes (cylinder, sphere, rectangular prism, etc.). I took the time to explain to her what they mean by "dimensions." I took her through the different dimensions, ending with the fourth, time. I demonstrated by picking up a random toy, and said, "This is a three-dimensional object." Then I hurled it across the room, and said, "Now it's a four-dimensional object." This delighted DD, who went running up and down the halls for the next ten minutes, shouting, "I'M A FOUR-DIMENSIONAL OBJECT!"

This is why gifted kids are so much fun... you just don't get that kind of mix of intellectual exploration and impulsive silliness when most kids are ready to learn this stuff.

Later on in the homework, the question was asked, "Explain the difference between a 2D and 3D shape." DD's response: "A 2D shape has only length and width, a 3D shape has length, width, and height." I'll bet her teacher thinks I dictated the response, but my only contribution was to spell "height" for her when asked.