after many rounds of "just do what the teacher tells you to do" (which I am really beginning to hate saying, but that is another story ;)), DD8 went along easily with yesterday's writing assignment...I'm sure it helped that it was about dogs and they could go right to the computer, instead of writing a rorugh draft...
Mrs W provided an outline with some questions to help them get started and they were allowed to "Geronimo Stilton", play with fonts, etc...so apparently, DD writes EXACTLY the minimum 5 sentances required to qualify this as a paragraph! Another parent, Mrs G, was there, assisting and she is telling me this and comments that she was sure DD would have lots more than 5 sentances. Mrs W is pleased, but I'm sure, since she sees DD interested this time, she will encourage her to do more, which is great...so she suggests 5 adjectives be added. Mrs G asks DD some questions to help her along..."Why don't you describe the snow?" and DD looks at her and says "everyone KNOWS snow is cold and white". We are both totally laughing and honestly, I am just happy the child did as asked this time!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...