Exactly. "Education" which is not job skill training is fine. Good, even. This is what collegiate education is supposed to be about.

That's the kind of foundation that ideally prepares an individual to think critically across a wide variety of subjects, and gives the participant a rudimentary understanding of the ways in which practitioners in engineering differ in their interpretations and analysis of observation/reality from, say, those in anthropology. (For example)

That exposure and immersion in a plurality of schools of thinking is what constitutes "well educated" to start with (oh my, what a grammatical mess this sentence has become... my profound apologies).

THAT kind of humanities training-- that is, the old-school variety of "liberal arts" education-- never goes out of style because it produces versatile life-long learners when it is done well.

I'm not a fan of certificate programs and job training being offered on university campuses. That is training, and it's not the same thing as education. In fact, engineering programs have long had uneasy relationships with their home institutions for that very reason-- engineering programs tend to be more skill/certification oriented, and less about broad applicability/education.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.