I don't understand the attitude about rich kids. I have never had issues with the uber rich. I find I dislike the hanger-ons that try to rub something off the uber rich.

And, in my experience, when I was intimidated by conversation that talked about hiring a jet to transport pheasants from Dad's hunting trip, I found those people actually admired me for what I accomplished without the connections. One guy taught me about end caps and price points at a dept store and then took me for lunch and discussed how he was training to collect art. Since he is now in the top 20 of richest men in the world, it was not hard for him to collect art, but he was really nice. And even has a title.

I think it is a little weird, for someone like me, coming from a small midwestern city and you meet the really rich and sometimes famous, when you are young. But if you feel good about yourself, you will be yourself and everyone is accepting.

And kids do not have to travel 1st class to have experiences. First class is definitely better and I would rather stay at the Crillon in Paris than downstream, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy Paris any less than when I did as a student staying in a hotel with the bathroom 3 floors lower. And makes for a better story.