I hope I'm not the only one who will be perfectly happy if my kids just go to the local community college, or our State University (well, I might take that back since the tuition there will be about as much if not more than at a good out of state small town America college!), or even if they go a different route and don't go to college at all. I know they are smart and I want them to know their potential but to me it doesn't necessarily mean the push for the "best" education. I was a gifted kid back in my days (I think I lost most of it when I gave birth to these two ... :)), I have two college degrees and for a while played with the idea of getting a Phd in Decision Science, I went into real estate right after getting out of college, when the market went down I became a stay at home mom ... and I love it! I have yet to use my education (one of the squeaky points between me and my husband and even my mom ... they both think that I should be using my education and my brain but to me it all just means that I have sharp thinking and can use it in whatever area I decide to be in but I have to desire to join the corporate world). So, my big expectations when it comes to our boys is for them to be HAPPY! And I don't mean smoking weed happy. I mean happy with whatever they choose to be and do with their lives. I also for the most part expect them to fund their own college education. Whatever scholarships, resident adviser positions, on campus kind of jobs they can get, they need to go for it. When they get to high school age, I expect them to be responsible enough to have the college funding in mind and keep their grades up and work hard.

So, to me all this Ivy league school talk is more like a sci-fi. I am not saying I wouldn't love to have a child in one of those schools but only if that's where they truly want to be and work hard for it.