Originally Posted by GeoMamma
The dungeon is proving more difficult than I had imagined. Any tips for decluttering and organizing when

b) Half the stuff is in scattered in several different places

c) Every time your toddler goes in there he wants to eat the cat food smile

??

Can you put the cat food 'up high' where the toddler won't get it?

As for the scattered stuff, I agree that this is frustrating. That's why it didn't get that way overnight and we can't fix it overnight. I would try to divide the room into zones so that you can feel some sense of accomplishment. No matter how you tackle this big job, you will succeed if you stay with it. Ah babysteps! Feel welcome to keep posting here so we can cheer you on.

I sort of divide my messes into catagories like this:
First I like to get rid of the garbage that no one could possibly use. After I've done that for enough days, I can move around in the room.

Then I look for important minimesses that I can carry to a different part of the house so that I don't have to say in the dungeon to clean and organize - 30 minutes at a time.

After a bit of that I look over the storage shelves that I already have and try and notice if I 'need it, love it' or if whatever is one those shelves for 'someday' could go to bless someone else. Usually there is because 'suprise, suprise' me from last year isn't perfect about predicting what this year's me will still be interested in. I think it's only perfectionism to think that last year's me should be able to do that in the first place.

Then I can place some of the newly organized mini-ex-messes on the storage shelves. Yippee!

Then it's just carefully looking at each thing in the room and being willing to ask myself the magic questions. I haven't yet found a situation where something that I truly love and need hasn't had some place to go.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com