Originally Posted by NanRos
(I know from experience the reverse is not true: I have tried ignoring the dishes to see just how high they will pile...thinking DH has GOT to see and do something about them...but he doesn't) Nan
LOL! BTDT...same results.

Ok - I'm awake, I ran to the kitchen to see what feeling looking at the sink would inspire. It is pretty. Sort of a gentle 'ohh that IS nice' but the earth didn't move.

I've decided that my 'nest' isn't really empty after all - it's just that I'm finally hatching myself here. I think I had to learn how to be a mommy before I would dare to try hatching myself.

Dressed to shoes? I find this one confusing, as a Payroll She.
Originally Posted by Flylady.net
Why do I have to get dressed to my shoes?

Several years ago I worked for a direct sales cosmetics company. One main rule for that company was that you could not make a single phone call in the morning unless you were totally dressed all the way to dress shoes. The reason behind this duty was that you act differently when you have clothes and shoes on. You are more professional. The customer can tell when you don't feel good about the way you look. So, if getting dressed makes that big of an impression on someone that can't even see you, then what is it going to do to those who can see you. Mainly yourself.

Many stay at home moms (SAHM's) are guilty of not seeing the need to get dressed all the way to the shoes. They figure, since only their children will be seeing them, why bother? Well, I am here to tell you, that you will be amazed at the difference in your attitude about yourself, your children, and your home when you feel good about how you look. I don't want to hear, "I don't wear shoes in my house". Well you do now. Buy or clean up a pair just for that reason. - FlyLady

So the first thing I do when I get up is to go outside with the dog, and I did put on slipons for that. Then I got into workout clothes to walk with my BFF for 45 minutes, which includes sneakers, but not makeup (I never, ever wear makeup!) - hair, well, it's kind of the shake and go type.

So my 'general plan' is wake-dog-sun salutations-shower-dress to shoes

or

wake-dog-walk with BFF-sun salutations-shower-dress to shoes

I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew. Time will tell.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com