Originally Posted by MegMeg
Originally Posted by NJMom
I may never make it to Day 2. The sink is going to do me in! We have hard water, and hard water buildup around the faucets.

If I were doing this, I would make "friendly ammendments" to her rules. Ask yourself, what's the point of the "shine the sink" rule? It's not that there's something sacred about the sink. It's that it's symbolic of getting your act together to make at least one little thing look under control every single day, and hopefully that will radiate out into the rest of your life. So pick something else. For my mom, it's making her bed. For her, having the bed made makes the whole house look a little more under control, and it affects her whole day. Whatever you pick, mentally substitute that whenever FlyLady says "shine your sink."

Exactly! Also - I think it's great to make progress towards the shiny sink. Sometimes it takes many days of small progress until you get something that looks good, and then all of the sudden - WOW!
This reminds me of when we modify our children's homework, we write down that the child worked for 30 minutes and then we told them to stop. It isn't the result that matters so much as that we made the effot. I'm not reccomending 30 minutes on your sink each day. More like get the sink cleaned and spend an extra 30 seconds on the mineral build up. Over the course of days, you might be more of a force to be reconned with than the hard water (or not.)

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com