Originally Posted by NJMom
Mudroom bench "scoured."
Yippee!!!!

I suppose we could do what my 5-year-old does at school and have "indoor" shoes and "outdoor" shoes, although I have the feeling that the indoor shoes might not be professional-looking enough to provide that same feeling. What adjustments have any of you made to the shoe rule?

I think it depends on the person. If you are a 'get back in bed' sort, then the laces help. I like the laces because I'm large and love the support. I literally have more energy and less resentment for 'all the stuff that I have to do around the house' when my body doesn't ache. And I have enough Overexcitable-ness that mild aches other people would ignore feel like a big deal to me. When DS was younger, I liked the idea of 'shoes I can run in if I need to' as a just in case.

I'm wondering what your 'indoor shoes' are? My thought is that if that 'professional feeling' is giving you a lift, then don't skimp - clean off a pair of nice 'outdoor' shoes and promote them to your 'indoor' go to shoes. I take parenting very seriously and maybe we'd all be better off wearing 3-piece suits when we are around our young ones, or out in the world in our 'Mommy Role.'

I've been terrified that this was going to be too hard, so I'm glad we got 2 'easy days' - but now I'm feeling impatient for more. LOL@me!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com