Originally Posted by onthegomom
Originally Posted by Grinity
DH never really believed that it wasn't somehow all my fault that I was somehow using the machine incorrectly,

He seems to want to not believe things are broke or a problem so he doesn't have to fix/replace it. I think he may also feel bad that he is not providing for his family so he deflects the blame. Just to let you know you are not alone in this.
Thanks OTG!
I do feel less alone - and thanks for the wisdom about the deflecting blame issue, that gives me something to think about that I had missed.

My DH also is hard to get started on the fix/replace actions. I think of it as executive issues.

One kind of executive function is noticing that there is a problem.

A seperate issue is getting started on fixing.

Maintaining focus while fixing is a seperate strength.

Sparing a little bit of attention to keep checking that it's a good idea to continue the job you started out to do is a forth executive function.

So a person can be good at one, two, three or four of these executive functions. DH agrees that since he is good at maintaining focus until the job is done, he's a little extra reluctant to notice problems in the first place, since he dreads all that maintaning focus that he knows will enevitably follow noticing.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com