I'm sending your dd a big hug Pemberley! I have migraines occasionally and even as an adult they are beyond bearable so I can't imagine what it must be like for a child to have to deal with them. This is lame advice and perhaps something you've already tried, but I find drinking a Coke helps mine just a tiny bit because the caffeine opens up the blood vessels that are constricting in the brain during the headache.

Re the school nurse, I would *write* an email and send it to her every single darned time something happens that is an issue and keep a copy of all the emails. We had quite a struggle with our school nurse when our dd (seizures, food allergies) was in early elementary - when our dd had allergic reactions at school and went to see the nurse she was turned away and sent back to class and told to come back 20 minutes later "if she still had hives"... of course she never went back - she hated the nurse! In first grade dd had a seizure at her desk and passed out - her teacher panicked when she couldn't wake her up and ran screaming from the room to get the security guard to come in and try to wake her up, she also couldn't wake her up (for anyone reading who's kid has never had a seizure, this is all really ok, it's what happens to my dd after a seizure and she wakes up about 20 minutes later)... anyway... eventually the school nurse called me just to let me know "everything's ok but your dd fell asleep in class and maybe you should come get her". You know, as a mom of a kid with seizures, I didn't panic and wasn't really even concerned, was definitely not going to rumble into the school throwing out accusations or anything - and I was met at the door to my dd's classroom by the nurse who made a huge point of telling me "Your dd is fine. There is nothing wrong. She did NOT have a seizure. She fell asleep at her desk. She's FINE. She did not have a seizure." (repeat on and on and on). I know from what everyone else told me - she had a seizure. I know from what dd told me - she remembered having her aura (tingly arms and legs and then going to sleep). I wasn't worried about it. Why on earth did the nurse so adamantly deny it? Maybe she didn't want to have to fill out a report, maybe she was worried that we might say something that happened at school had caused it - who knows. It was ridiculous. Another time she had a bad allergic reaction with severe stomach pain when dh was already on his way to school to drive on a class field trip. Once when the nurse was out I got a call from the school telling me the TA had brought dd to the office and she was lying on the floor screaming in pain and what should they do. I told them to give her her antihistamine ASAP and if it didn't help, give her her epipen - all written down on her IHP that was on file at the school (meds and symptoms). School called back and told me they couldn't do it because she really wasn't having an allergic reaction. DH showed up about that same time and just gave her the meds himself and she was fine - which meant, um, yes, it was an allergic reaction. Imagine what would have happened if it was a severe anaphylactic reaction?

Oops... I'm starting to rant about my dd's school nurse instead of writing anything supportive or helpful for you and your dd - sorry about that! Clearly I have some issues to let go of - lol.

polarbear