Thanks Polarbear - yes your stories help. I have had several people who know DD very well say that they think she is "unique" and likely to come up with a profile no one has ever seen before. I can't wrap my head around that possibility but it does keep coming up.

We just got back from a meeting at the school to talk about adding OT to her IEP. Ironically that is how this whole journey started. I tried all last year to get OT in her terrible school and they would not even consider her eligible for testing. Despite all the private OT and PT she has had for the past 2 years she *easily* qualified for service. We were also able to clarify and tweak a few things with the IEP. Unfortunately because the neuropsych eval was invalid we couldn't address the underlying cause of all the LD's as I had hoped. The special ed teacher confirmed that it would be good to get her retested appropriately because it may mean adding some useful interventions. I asked about an LD parent support group in the area but no one knew of anything. I broke the cardinal rule and started tearing up at the end of the meeting when someone said "She'll be ok" and I just blurted out "No she won't - look at all this..." I still can't believe that all of this is really, truly happening.

Also I had a long phone conversation with the local neuropsych. She really can't understand why no one provided her name earlier but no one at the school meeting knew much about her. She has asked for all the reports to date and will review them before scheduling more testing. She assured me that she would be very cognizant of DD showing any signs anxiety or stress during testing, especially since we already have 2 reports with such bizarre numbers. "It's unusual but you may really have that kind of split going on." The difference is that it seems she would look for an explanation of what the underlying cause might be rather than just presenting the numbers the way the other neuropsych did. She suggested ways I may be able to get the school district to pay for additional testing but I decided not to ask about that today. Maybe at the next meeting.

I am hoping we can get to the bottom of all of this - frankly I think it is a combination of a true learning disability being exacerbated by stress. I am hoping - just hoping mind you - that if we can work on both at the same time we may get somewhere. But we have to work on both parts - not just one. And of course this assumes that there is not a seizure component. I can't even fathom the three together...

I have my network of "spies" working on finding out if this woman is really good. If so then the cost of another set of tests will be only a little more than a trip to Arizona before the cost of testing there. I just want this all to be figured out and I want DD to relax. Just relax. I think only the parents on this board can understand wanting that for your 7 year old...

{another big sigh}