Ugghh. Just came from speaking with the school social worker. She is not very bright but is unfortunately the one in charge of dd's "team". She acknowledged that we brought up the hat issue at the meeting last week and no one ever said anything about requiring documentation. We ran into the special ed teacher - who is really really good - and she assured us it was no big deal and would be easily handled. Can she be in charge of dd's team? Nooo it had to be assigned to sw. So I just finished sending off a note rejecting the IEP. All of our solid cooperation is out the window over something so ridiculous. So now I guess we have another 10 person meeting but now I bring an advocate because things will become confrontational. Oh and sw said she can't do anything about the hat recommendation "because the neuropsych eval turned out not to be valid"! What the heck? I informed her that up until now we have been writing checks and doing whatever needed to be done ourselves but if the school chooses to get confrontational over such a ridiculous issue - which affects no one else and costs them nothing - that we will move in the direction of demanding that the school district start paying for these tests and maybe change out the lights in her classroom. Instead of a free, simple accommodation we will instead be looking at accommodations that could cost thousands of dollars.

As I said, I don't think she's very bright...