In the light of a new day I am feeling a bit better about all of this. Polarbear I know exactly what you mean about huge variations in implementation. I still can't believe that with all the issues we have discovered and all the services our district is providing that last year I totally hit a brick wall at the regional magnet. If we had lived in the city where that magnet was located DD would still be suffering verbal and emotional abuse while being considered ineligible for even an evaluation. It is SO not a level playing field. My heart breaks for all the kids who find themselves in districts that aren't willing (or able) to meet their needs.

This is the recommendation section from the neuropsych's report. Is this similar to what others have received or should I have expected more detailed input on exactly what to request in terms of interventions? Someone yesterday suggested I look into whether or not "vision training" might be appropriate. Any input?

1) Workup by a pediatric neurologist with appropriate EEG. I made the referral to __________ M.D. at __________.

2) ________ may benefit from a cognitive remedial program with the emphasis on memory, attention including hemiinattention, and visuo-spatial perceptual organization. She is not acquiring reading/writing skills at the rate that would be expected give her verbal IQ and precocious language development, and her educational program should be reviewed in light of these findings

3) Further occupational (OT) evaluation, therapy, and consultation to address fine motor and visuomotor skills. It may be possible to pursue this through school and the OT should provide regular consultation to teacher and parents to help promote generalization of skills.

4) In light of the significant nature of the findings, a repeat neuropsychological evaluation is indicated in 10-12 months to assess any changes in the cognitive status; or sooner if dictated by the changes in the clinical picture.