Although it's not the same set of recommendations, it's similar to what we received (although from things I've heard from other people - I have always felt we didn't receive as much as other people do lol!). We were able to get more specific details verbally from our neuropsych, but this is very similar to the amount/type of info she included in her official report.

If you don't have specific info from her re what type of cognitive remedial program or where to seek that out in your area, I'd ask for the info. Our neuropsych never included those types of specifics in her report but she made very specific recommendations re who/what was the appropriate person or service to seek, or in the case of OT, for instance, she felt any OT would work and recommended we get on every waiting list we could and take the first appointment we could get (waits are very long for OT here).

My older dd has been through vision therapy. It's somewhat controversial, and I can only give you our limited experience but fwiw, for our dd it was *extremely* helpful. It was recommended by a neuropsychologist based on her performance on the WISC and a follow-up visuo-motor test (Beery VMI). She scored extremely low in the one part of the WISC that asks children to find and mark matching characters, and couldn't copy accurately on the Beery VMI. Her scores on the WISC subtest was sooooo so very low it was below the 1st %ile - I'm not sure she actually found even one character, and it was a huge drop from her other WISC scores which were very consistent across the board. On the Beery her low subtest score was also very low, maybe around the 5th percentile. The neuropscyh suspected vision troubles based on that and referred us to a developmental optometrist. I was very skeptical as our dd had just cruised through a regular eye exam with 20/20 vision. We talked to our regular eye dr about it, and she too recommended we give it a try - her take on it was if it was a neurological challenge, vision therapy wouldn't help, but if there was a muscular weakness involved it would help. And yes, it helped *tremendously* - we didn't realize until her vt eval, but she had severe double vision - so severe that much of the time her brain was switching off the vision in one of her eyes. She was 8 years old when we found this out, and she literally had no clue that the rest of us also didn't see two of everything most of the time! Anyway, in addition to the double vision her peripheral vision was very limited and her eyes didn't track. So for her, vision therapy helped tremendously, within just a few months. She went from being a struggling (and perplexing!) reader who hated reading to being a great reader who loves to read and walks around with a book in her nose most of the time.

What I don't know is if what your neuropscyh is referring to as OT for visuomotor is related to the types of things vision therapy would help with. Our ds has a visuomotor challenge, but he's also been screened by the vision therapy folks and came out a-ok with no worries there. I know he scores low on visuomotor type of np tests, but don't remember the specific subtest names at the moment. Our dd, otoh, had an extensive OT eval at 4 but the OT didn't catch any visuomotor issues. So I'm guessing it's two related but different things?

polarbear