Yes, of course you want to help your daughter deal with the pain of these headaches.

I will start it [Elavil] tonight unless someone or something convinces me in the next few hours that it's a bad idea. Very low dose used for headache prevention not as an antidepressant.

I wanted to ask one question. A while you back you had written:

Headaches stopped over the holiday break but came back after a few days back in school.

Any way you can take her out of school for the remainder of the year (e.g. homeschool)? That would buy you time as you investigate the possible seizures, lds, etc. (I know this may not be appealing and/or possible for you or her, but just wanted to throw this out there as an idea.)

If you are using Elavil for headaches, it is still an anti-depressant. Make sure you are keeping track of the possible side effects (especially anxiety and depression), per the recommendation on the drug use facts (not sure what kind you got, but for example, see http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-1807-Elavil+Oral.aspx?drugid=1807&drugname=Elavil+Oral).

Whatever you choose, your daughter will feel your love and concern, and we will be thinking of you both. Good luck tonight.