I don't remember what the dose was and I threw away the pill bottle. I just remember the neurologist saying it was a low dose. Tylenol did not work well for my son either. Ibuprofen worked better but we were afraid to give it to him so often. His headaches got worse around the time he turned 11 and started puberty. He was getting them almost every day during times of frequent weather changes. He took Tylenol for his migraine the day he was tested by a neuropsychologist in one all day long test. I remember telling the neuropsychologist that some of the test results did not make sense to me and wondered if his migraine might have caused some of the crazy results. She said she didn't think a headache would affect the results that much. She diagnosed him with dyspraxia along with dysgraphia. I agree with the dysgraphia but I have trouble understanding how a kid with a motor learning disability can play piano only during his once a week lessons and still make progress and how he could learn a dance and sing well enough that the group he performed with last year won a talent contest. He had to sit out and watch at some of the rehearsals, so he didn't get as much of the kind of practice that would develop motor memory as the other kids. He had to also use visual memory. It is only on the days when he has headaches or right before getting one that he has trouble. When the piano teacher hears that the weather is changing she doesn't even expect us to show up. It really doesn't do any good for him to try to work through something that requires motor skills when he has a migraine. For some reason his migraines don't affect his speech as much. Even with a migraine he can speak very well and several people told us after his last performance when he had a migraine that they could hear and understand him better than most of the other kids in the theatre group. I have trouble talking when I have migraines. I still read to him a lot and I sometimes say the wrong word or pronounce words wrong and it only happens when I have a migraine or if I am about to get one. I didn't talk very much as a child because I had anxiety about possibly saying something wrong and I hated reading out loud for the same reason, but I did very well on written tests and was always in the highest reading group even though I was always one of the youngest kids in my classes.

My son also has more than one disability to deal with and it is hard to watch kids going through so much and not being able to help with the pain. My son worries about taking pain medication since a family friend died from an accidental overdose of pain medication. He also knows about possible side effects because he looks up medical information on the internet.

Since we homeschool it is easier for us to work around the pain. I don't think my son could handle going to our public school.

Yesterday, my husband took off a day of work to go with us to our state capitol for homeschool day. My husband and I talked to our state representative about the problems we had at our public school and why we had to homeschool and why we needed to have the freedom to homeschool our outside-the-box child without worrying about government regulation. We told her how my son started kindergarten at 5 with a May birthday already reading a a 5th grade level but that his disabilities made fine motor tasks difficult. My son could not get OT or PT in kindergarten for his disabilities because he was not failing and then later he ended up with disabilities that cause chronic pain. She didn't say anything about changing the state laws so that kids like mine could get OT and an appropriate education. She just said she agreed that homeschooling was a good thing and she supported our right to homeschool.