Good luck with the meeting today!

DS's intervention meeting is next week. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with his kindergarten teacher. The teacher will be at the intervention meeting, of course, so I'm trying to figure out ways to compel discussion of how little she's doing for him. He's disaffected about school -- no wonder, he's just counting every day for math, and reading the exact same set of books every day during reading. Meanwhile, the "enrichment" computer program they gave him to replace his math time has school has been exhausted. Not because he's doing it at school (he's used it once ... ever ... in kindergarten), but because he's completed it at home. Comparing to the common core, this took him 2/3 of the way through 3rd grade math standards.

I fear what will happen when they put him in the next level up of this program. Will he be more out of sync with the grade levels? At some point, you have to slot him back into the classroom.

Getting him into a classroom now (2nd grade seems like the right level) means having to move him to afternoon kindergarten. It would mean a lot of transitions, including a different kindergarten teacher. Our school, however, is loathe to make that kind of change for fear of social implications and the tidal wave effect of parents beating down the door asking for the same.