I was so shocked. She has been just wonderful in class and the OT said that six other kids in the class seemed problematic but there is NOTHING at all of note for my DD and in fact, that she is just lovely to have in class. When she comes home, she is wild though. Her energy is just exploding everywhere. She isn't naughty / defiant, just cannot stop moving, talking, and playing in really intense ways which is hard on me. She isn't remotely tired, but then again it is only two and a half hours. I don't think it is enough for her now... I am worrying I made a mistake pulling her out of the six hour a day Montessori.

Franieanddejsmom, does he seem happy? My DD does come home happy but does say things are much too easy and grumbles a little bit. She loves a marble game they have there, and "gym" and recess ;-) She made a new friend who is very lively and whose brother turned out to be highly gifted so that motivates her to go to school.

I keep hoping they will give her appropriate level work soon. They kept talking about helping them grown horizontally, not upwards...hmmmm...not sure that sounds right. That is fine if they actually broaden her at her actual level and not shoot low. The teacher did say that she notices my DD5 thinks differently and she has shown things that got her teacher's notice on her own, but I just don't think the teacher quite gets what my DD's abilities are even with testing in front of her. Its frustrating and I don't want to be too annoying...

How did things go with your older child?

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 09/23/11 06:50 AM.