I GIVE UP ! I am so angry right now. I just spoke with the principal.. they will not be moving ds to first grade math. Now they will be doing in class differentiation. I feel as though I have been totally deceived. I would have made different school choices for ds (he was offered a spot at the Chinese immersion school but no acceleration).

Here is the email he sent me today..

Mrs. D.,

After speaking with Mrs. H., who oversees our Gifted Education program, and Mr. V., who oversees our math and science department, they have both recommended differentiation within the classroom. Ds has not been in school for two full weeks yet so we are getting to know him and what his true abilities are in math. Most importantly, we want to see him work in the classroom applying math concepts, not just being able to do math computation. Mrs. P will have a much better feel for this once she works with him more in class. There are many important aspects to the kindergarten classroom and many concepts and skills re interwoven through their day, both academics and social/emotional learning. We will certainly work with you to meet the needs of EJ here in school. Please trust that Ms. P will be doing what is best for EJ based on his daily work and performance in the classroom setting.

If you would like to contact Mrs. H. or Mr. V., I have included them on the email. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you have.