So DS finished his first week of his gifted K. Ive been a wreck with the new logistics but he seems happy that it finally started - for him wondering what will happen is anxiety ridden, actually experiencing is interesting. Which means the days before are a bit stressful but the day of no problem! He seems to like the teachers, the classroom and the building. Only downer, seems the first thing they did involved writing - I think it bummed him out to not lead with his strength - and seems like he avoided doing it because he didn't think it would be good or he needed help spelling. OTOH its good because this is where he is and this was obviously some form of assessment, but OTOH, i suspect he knows he could do better and didn't show that.

For me, seeing the other kids and DS interactions with them was awesome - these are his peeps -as someone said elsewhere today! i know they won't all be friends and he will still have issues but 1 week in, the vibe is so night and day from pre-k its very heartening. Of course, might feel a bit different when i see what they have him reading. I really hope they meet him where he is - today that hope still lives!!

DeHe