Originally Posted by geofizz
What reason is the district super giving for reversing the 2nd grade placement and afternoon kinder? I'm concerned there's some major $$ implication... That's exactly the solution that I think DS need educationally. Emotionally, it will be marked by many transitions, which makes me tread lightly.

S2b has been pretty trivial after 2a.

The district guy doesn't believe in math acceleration because he says there will be gaps. Ds is in the afternoon kinder now. I didnt want to switch him back to the mornings after school started. Also, there are less kids in the afternoon class and there is one other girl that is probably gifted but not nearly anywhere close to ds in math. She is ahead of him in reading.

I did look through the 2b and it did seem easier then 2a. I figure we will ski through many chapters and just do the end tests. I think we will be ready for 3a by the beginning of march. He really has no interest in anything but numbers. I have looked at hands on equations and found an online website that is very similiar that we have played with.