Just a vent: we had open house at my DD5's K last night and the only books they have out are "baby books" (big words, few words per page). So far this year they are doing activities like counting to 3 and letters. I guess I knew this would happen, but come on, things that she was doing at one are being done at five? The teacher does try to use my DD5 (has her come up and help with things, but even those things are way too simple for her) and said she asks her harder questions, but who knows what she considers hard. So far my DD5 is happy, and her behavior has been great, and has made a new friend, but they have squeezed crafts, recess, and a relaxed snack time out of their 2.5 hr day and there is a huge class that will be primarily doing academics so we will see if she continues to love it. I think they have been assessing them here and there so maybe things will start to shift by the end of this month but the assessment is even low (letter sounds, identifying letters and other things that even my three year old would find too easy). I wish we had gifted K options somewhere...