Originally Posted by TwinkleToes
I am meeting with the teacher and the evaluator who assessed my DD and am a little nervous about the whole thing.
Great to hear that your DD is doing Great! Great that her maturity level seems about right (take a peek in the 1st grade room and mentally see how much of an oulier she would be there) - there is nothing like seeing a room full of kids to get a sense of the range of normal.

Half day kindy might be the just right thing for your DD for now -so enjoy it! It's normal to be nervous about meetings, but if the evaluator will be there then you shouldn't have to do too much of the heavy lifting. Reminds me of the recent Aimee Yermish blog:

http://davincilearning.wordpress.com/author/ayermish/

Originally Posted by A.Y.
....When there's some actual, "Um, I really need you to know about this," aspect to the situation, as with many of the folks I work with (and even with myself as an employee or supervisee!), it's even trickier. "Maybe if I say something, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy -- perhaps I should just say nothing and hope the teacher doesn't notice, maybe the kid will be okay this year." "Maybe they'll think I'm one of Those Moms." "Maybe I should give them a few weeks to get to know each other before trying to have 'the Talk.'" But of course, that trick never works. Some time soon, usually before Thanksgiving, but the longer it takes the worse you know it's going to be, they call you, and then you know it's going to be bad. By that point, they'll have already noticed, they'll have already been suffering in silence thinking that you didn't think there was a problem or that you're going to freak out or get them in trouble with their boss if they don't handle you correctly, and building in up in their minds just as much as you've been building it up in yours. We all do this.

Okay, enough denial. So what do we say and when and how?

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com