I just wanted to give a K update after a week and a half in school. So far, my DD5 is positive for the most part, but she is sad that they don't do any crafts, very limited outdoor time, and rushed snacks. They are doing very simple group activities, and SLOWLY trying to figure out where students fall in ability, but I am afraid they will just shoot too low to see how far she can go. My DD often says she can't do things and won't do them, but if approached the right way, can really surprise even me with what she knows or can do. I am meeting with the teacher and the evaluator who assessed my DD and am a little nervous about the whole thing. I am worried about upsetting the applecart and setting the teacher up to want to prove that my DD is not gifted etc. The teacher has told me that my DD is behaving just fine and after watching the kids before and after school, she actually seems more mature than many, particularly the boys. Her hand writing is good too so in many ways she is so ready to be out of K, but she is very afraid of growing up (has been talking a lot about aging, loss of childhood, death, etc.) so I don't want to rush her either. It is so hard to have a little sweet girl with a child's heart and fears who also has a mind that is so far ahead of her in many ways. We just take it day by day and hope for the best. She loves to play and is social so overall, she is doing great.