Originally Posted by jack'smom
A fair number of posters whose kids skip kindy later write of how their kid has poor executive function, poor writing skills, ADD, etc.
I haven't noticed that - my son, for one, had all of the above challenges and not only did he do kindy, he was in a 'preschool type daycare' from 7 weeks of age. But maybe it would have been much worse if he had skipped K or been home with me instead. ((shrugs)) But my guess is that for about half of highly and profoundly gifted children, all of the above issues are part of 'asynchronous development and 2E.' One thing I do know - every choice has it's risks and it's benefits and we only go around once.

For now, that's good enough. We work with him at home on school things, and he's very happy.
That's excellent news and I'm very happy to hear it. So much depends on the child's personality. I have heard plenty of stories of non-grade skipped PGlets who thrive. Some do, some don't. Flexibility to change things if they aren't working, and relationship with the child to know when it isn't working is the key, I think.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Peace,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com