Thank you to everyone for your support. I need to get over myself and keep working to do the best for her and think positively. Thank you for the book suggestion, Grinity. I have not read that one, but I just ordered it. Dehe, that's a really good point you made about "peer pressure". She's certainly not ready to be able to distinguish between "good" vs "bad" peer pressure, and I will be sure to discuss this with the teacher at our meeting on Monday. Twinkletoes: regarding her sensory issues that , she's not working with an OT because the developmental pediatrician did not recommend any intervention since her sensory issues seemed "mild" to her. In her report, she recommended "patient understanding", such as cutting out the tags, giving her adequate space, etc. Regarding the bullying, I'm not sure to what extent those boys were held accountable. The teacher thought she was an "easy target" for bullying because of her exhuberance and differences from the others. As soon as I realized how bad the situation was, I took her out of the school. Had it been just one or two boys, I would have tried to work through it, but it was 1/3 of the class, and the rest of the children thought she was really weird. She seemed so much better after I pulled her out that I thought she got away "unharmed", but with her 'elephant memory' it will take time to work though these issues, and undo the damage.

I've made a list of strategies to share with the teacher and principal on Monday. I can only hope we will be able to work together to make it work out. My daughter has a cold now, and she's really hoping that she'll be too sick to go to school on Monday...! On the other hand, she said that each day was better than the day before it, and she's been willing to talk to me about what goes on at K...including some activities that she liked. She was never willing to talk about preschool. Also she said there's a girl in her class who is "kind of" her friend because they played together at recess. That's major progress!