I have to say I feel very lucky to have gotten Connor into the school he is in. They were very open to talking about his abilities ahead of the year (and even had before school conferences with each child's parents to get a fell for just that). His teacher did her best to differentiate within the classroom for the first two months but then went to the Director on her own and advocated for DS without any push from us. She just called me one night and said "Here, this is what we're thinking..."

He has now been going to 2nd grade for reading for the last month or more and just last week started moving up to 2nd for math as well. He goes back to his K classroom for phys ed, art, music, science, social studies, and Chinese.

I was pretty nervous about the idea at first since DS was having s few behavioral/social/sensory/attention issues in kindergarten still. So far it has been WONDERFUL! DS loves his new classes and comes home telling me all about what they learned (even though it is sometimes things that he 'knows' conceptually but was never taught so he didn't know the formal words or rules behind it) He also seems to be having LESS issues socially and behaviorally now. My thought now is that perhaps when he was misbehaving or having social difficulties in kindergarten it may have been due to him trying to "fit in" with the kids around him. I think he doesn't really understand their way of thinking/behaving and so he tries to imitate what he thinks he sees them doing. Since its not natural to him it comes off looking a little 'weird'... He seems to have less of these issues now (hopefully it stays that way) and I'm hoping that moving up for part of the day is just giving him a chance to be around kids that feel a little more familiar to him. Twinkle Toes- keep in mind that her emotional maturity may be pretty flexible depending on who she is surrounded by.