I'm glad it worked out for you, Yannam. For some kids, a skip seems to be just the right move. It probably also helped if you felt that acceleration was a good fit and brought in work samples. My doubt coupled with DD's intensity probably made them question her ability to "behave" in a higher grade and while I showed them testing, I strongly sensed they wanted to "see for themselves" what she could do...

My DD's handwriting and fine motor skills are also very strong, but we were all concerned she wasn't going to be emotionally mature enough to move on, but she actually surprised everyone by being very self controlled, polite, confident, and on task. I have to admit, on some level, I would not want to see her all day in classes with many seven year olds (there is a lot of red shirting in our community so K students are often 6 and first 7 and my DD5 turned five a few months before K), not because she couldn't do the academic work, but for fears of her being too young in some ways to be in the right place. I know so many on here use the Iowa Accelaration Scale (I should check it out) and believe acceleration is the way to go, but I have to admit I have conflicting feelings. The curriculum is far too easy for many grades ahead, (like many on here she had age equivalencies of close to 8 or 9 before she turned 5)but I keep hoping they can accomodate her in the classroom. Maybe I am naive since they were unable to give her the right level work this year. I'm trying to stress less and just be happy that she is a very happy child, popular, and adjusting well.