Hi!

We have MAP testing again this week. I am interested to see where ds comes out in math. He is also doing multiplication, division, adding subtracting fractions. We are just finishing up with singapore 2a and kumon multiplication. Onto the next set of books for us. I am thinking he might have some fun with roman numerals.
As far as reading, we are not as advanced as many of you are. Ds was not an early reader. He is reading at a mid first grade level.

We have decided to go ahead with testing. He will be taking the wisc and wiat on the 22nd. He turned 6 on November 30, so good timing for us.

I wish he was in an all day kindergarten. I wish they did more as far as differentiation. EVERYTHING we were promised over the summer and early fall has not come through. When we have the test results, I will be making an appointment to include the principal, school GATE teacher, the district GATE coordinator and his teacher (anyone else I should ask to the party?).

I don't know if I want him moved to first grade at this pint or not. I also don't think its even an option. I do want to get him some sort of enrichment or joining the first, second or even third grade for math. I wouldn't mind if they brought in someone to work in his classroom with him to enrich. Ughhh so frustrating