Originally Posted by kcab
Here's hoping that your school has reached a similar threshold.

I have a giddy feeling that this might be happening right now. Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by LittleCherub
I think maybe schools tend to trust their own testings more than parents' own ones.

Thank you! I think there's definitely that aspect to it, along with the need to place him in the school's curriculum. My wife thinks that the special ed. director is put out that the school did not identify him the first time, which might be part of it I guess. I can't fault the school for it.

ETA: Thanks, La Texican, flower, Grinity. Unfortunately it does not look like BIQ is in the cards this year for money reasons. The testing was reasonably priced but still a burden to us, especially figuring in hotel and travel expenses (we are on a reduced income lately). Plus, the puppy I promised will cost us extra in the short term, even if the wife's plan, to convince him to convert to two kittens, works. We plan to attend next year for sure. frown

Last edited by Iucounu; 04/21/11 07:56 AM. Reason: Feeling bad about bumping my thread so many times recently.