We had our next meeting today. I handed the person who'd advocated previously for retarding DS6's progress his head on a platter, and he sat silently through it. The plan is for a pullout to fourth for math and to assess whether that's enough for math. My wife began to advocate for more, in other subject areas, but apparently he's been giving one-liner answers as quickly as possible in writing activities, and hasn't done a lot of his homework. So that's the plan for now. My wife lined up an educational consultant to come in, and she is officially part of the team going forward. She will be sitting in on DS6's classrooms and making recommendations as well.

DS6 and his classmates each submitted a piece of art and a short essay to their teacher, for inclusion in a book aimed at extracting money from parents. His teacher didn't send the order form home to us. Today I saw why: he'd drawn a picture of a sad little calculator person, and his essay began, "My name is [DS6], and I'm an unhappy calculator. Nobody ever uses me, so I just get dustier and dustier..." It went on and on. :|

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick