Thanks to everyone for all your support. Val, I hope you're feeling much better. I feel like I've let DS6 down somewhat, at least to the extent I've reassured him all along that fixes were in the works. It's really been tough for me to face such a long campaign of subtle resistance from the school, after we initially seemed to get over the hump of their denial of DS6's unusual needs. I feel like I would've snapped into attack mode much more quickly if they'd been more aggressive. I hope I never have to go through this with our younger son.

I have no illusions now, including about the new measures adopted today. DS6 will be going to a fourth grade classroom that's sure to have nothing new for him, especially since the Everyday Math as taught here seems to be a bit down-level. Meanwhile the school district is doing away with the MAP test for budget reasons, which will make it harder to appeal to the school's better nature through evidence-based practice; I guess we'll have to get more outside assessments done every time we want a level reset.

One good part of the plan is that another third grader will be doing the pullout to fourth with him, so at least he will be one in a pair of sore thumbs.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick