Hi, cc6! Sorry I didn't see this before, and I wish you all the best too. DS isn't learning a lot right now at school. Our educational consultant is meeting with his teachers for the first time without us on Friday, and hopefully some differentiation will begin to flow from that.

I also got a nice call from the principal today, who asked for permission to test DS with a screening program used in the middle school here. The program is called Star Math by Renaissance Learning, and seems to be a quick 15-20 online assessment tool. He said that the results of that would be looked at by the middle school math coordinator and one other person, and that possibly DS might go to the middle school at least one day a week for a gifted pull-out they have there for advanced math students.

At this point I'm keeping my fingers crossed either for the go-ahead for us to partially homeschool him with support at school, or for him to get a mentor for math. I am also hoping that he gets some serious differentiation, at least, for language arts work.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick