I'm sorry things didn't go so well. frown I guess the only advice I have is to stick with it. From rereading your earlier post, before they did this other testing, it seems they agreed that your DS was working far beyond kindy level. Hopefully, they will realize that the other testing they did was just a snapshot of what he was doing one particular moment in time.

As for keeping at it, even though we eventually did get a skip to second, we still have had several meetings to try to sort things out (and at one point I'm pretty sure the school staff hated us!) But with persistence, and re-explaining things over and over about how our kid really is different, hopefully things will start to happen.

If there is anything you can do to help - e.g, send in workbooks that you think are appropriate for the teacher to use, offer to volunteer to help in the class to help make up for the time it takes to differentiate -- I'm sure the school would appreciate it, even if they don't accept the help.

Here's something I just learned, which I'm sure others here have known for awhile. It is very important to document everything extra that the school has given your child, so that there is a possibility of continuation of services the next year, when very likely new players will be involved. Preferably, this documentation will be in some official school format, such as an IEP. We found out the hard way that there was nothing in our son's record about the successful differentiation he received and should have continued to receive. Since we didn't know the school didn't know this, we appeared as "those parents" with a sense of entitlement, simply because we expected what the first school in the district offered to continue. Now we know better!

Good luck, and I hope you do consider applying to DYS. There is a great suppport group and they can help you get in touch with other kiddos like your own. Speaking of kids not liking similar things, we just found out that the awesome rocks/gems/fossils class that was offered after school next week was canceled, because our DS was the only one to sign up for it. frown

I'm glad things are going well at home.