If you don't mind my asking, what is your objection to Everyday Math? I know it's controversial among some groups, but it seems to me that a move away from traditional math's rote memorization of processes and toward a more conceptual understanding of what those processes actually are would be a good thing for gifted kids.

My daughter's small private school uses Everyday Math with in-class differentiation and pull out "extension" groups for the most advanced students and they have one of the strongest math programs in the area. They've also put a lot of staff professional development time into EM and have made a strong effort to reach out to parents in order to help them understand what the program is supposed to do and how they can support their kids at home.

My daughter is in second grade now (going into 4th next year) and has been in Everyday Math since kindergarten, and her recent MAP math score put her at 7th grade equivalency. Yes, her current math instruction is a bit too easy for her even with differentiation and extension, as are all subjects, really (hence the need for the grade skip), but any math curriculum would be like that for her, and I suspect that many of them would have been worse. EM certainly hasn't hurt her, so I'm curious why you feel like it might be such a problem.

I've read many of the websites objecting to Everyday Math, and I'm really not swayed by their arguments.