This thread will never get to 100 pages if we don't post in it. So here's what my wife just sent:

I'm sorry I couldn't respond earlier. I spoke with Theophilus and we'd like to know the specific goal of testing Shloim immediately with the MAP. Is the school now gearing up to accelerate him based on the MAP results?

We're concerned that Shloim would be at a disadvantage compared to all other students taking the test, based on lack of prior experience with the test and lead time. We're actually still trying de-stress him after the most recent testing, and just got done telling him there would be no more for a while.

Can we set up a time to discuss the idea of MAP testing?

After further thought, I think the desire for MAP testing may go deeper than mere comfort. In the school's position, I wouldn't feel good about accelerating someone, grade- or subject-, without some assessment of readiness based on the curriculum, which the Woodcock Johnson couldn't possibly provide. I'm hoping for the best.

DS5 was actually pretty psyched about taking the test when he went to bed. Or psyched about the puppy possibility, anyway. The wife was not.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick