Originally Posted by Iucounu
[quote=Grinity][quote=Iucounu] Another option, which I don't want to have to do but will if pushed, is to apply for a hardship determination from the state, based on the town's failure to provide for our son, and if we get one would let us take him to any school in the state that we can drive to. There is one town in particular within 15-20 minutes that is rumored to have quite good programs. I also hope that, since I believe our school district is on a watch-list of troubled ones, the school will offer some accommodations based on the threat of applying for a hardship determination.

To me, the biggest question is 'does he enjoy his age peers more would he rather interact with older kids?'
He has always liked playing with older kids and adults more; he just isn't averse to acting silly with his age peers. The bit about him acting like an animal seems to be conceived to oppose statements we previously made to the TAT team about his preference for older peers.

Thanks so much for helping us. I've been depressed about this whole situation, and now feel like there's a lot more hope.

Do all states do this? Maybe this would be an option for us. I am another one who feels it is very similar to what we are dealing with. It is certainly stressful. It is sad b/c it seems like the schools are open to helping, but as time goes on it starts to slowly get less and less. Or they seem enthusiastic about something over the phone to have it squashed in the meetings. I never would have imagined getting a education that fits your childs needs could be so difficult, overwhelming and just plain depressing. I just want you to know I can relate.

Congrats on they DYS. I am sure that will be a big help.