hi,
wow. your ds7 is smart!
may i ask where he was gradewise at 5yrs?
my ds5 is in kinder completely bored and unhappy. expressing now his feelings to the teacher verbally.
he is basically self taught- he comes to me with questions that i answer of course. (he is also a very high functioning aut- not aspergers), he is reading grade 2/begin 3rd, math approx begin grade 2. he loves anything educational. and he wants to learn.

i had the option of putting him into 1st, which i knew the academic material would be more appropriate, even if not challenging, but i was worried about the social aspect. i want him to stay w/ age peers b/c of his social immaturity (he is very quiet, non-assertive, reserved even) and i want him to continue to gain social confidence this year.

this is why i am curious regarding your ds7- how does he cope with older kids in his grade level? how did you cope with it? maybe you have something to offer me that would help me to understand challenges posed with that?

my son prefers older kids but in controlled environment, in learning they seem to include him, but i notice in play- they do not...

sorry to butt into your "saga" ;)~
but i just couldn't get over how you are sort of same situation but WANTing the acceleration i refused....

thanks and much luck to you, i hope the school does do what it has said it will do for your child!

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller