Thanks a lot, Cat. I have just gotten the IAS (thanks again, you who shall not be named-- and no it's not Cthulhu) and will bring A Nation Deceived and whatever else I think will be helpful. I was hoping to bring out this stuff at the last meeting, except the DAS II results for DS were all over the map due to his failure to complete or even start whole sections.

I am still trying to decide what we want. I guess if I had my own wish, balancing his academic level with small size and young-for-grade age and handwriting ability, I'd want a skip to second with pull-outs for math, reading and science. That might sound kooky, as I guess not much would be left, but I'd be thrilled to settle for just a math pull-out to fourth with a skip to second.

don't know where they come up with the maturity stuff, but most of the time it is just a proxy for "I believe that acceleration in any form is bad." You have to battle it with research and then it can be helpful if you use the terms "a free and appropriate education" and also "evidence based practice."

I agree totally, and will do. Thanks again.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick